Dr. Sebastien Parratte
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon (France)
Dr. Sebastien Parratte (MD, PhD) is a French Orthopaedic surgeon. Internationally recognized leader in his field. After completing his training in France and USA at the world-renowned, Mayo Clinic, he became one of the youngest professors of Orthopaedic Surgery in France.
He completed more than 5000 primary knee and hip arthroplasties and more than 700 revision arthroplasties with complex bone defects. He also specialized in complex cases such as post-traumatic cases, complex deformities as well as arthroplasties in young active patients.
Pr. Parratte has a particular interest on computer-assisted surgery and he is now the only European involved in the design team of a new surgical robot for knee arthroplasty.
On the sport medicine side, Pr. Parratte was the surgeon of the pro Ligue 1 team of Bastia during 4 years, taking care of all the professional football players knee and hip injuries including ACL and meniscal problems.
He invented a new patient-specific custom jig osteotomy system to correct complex deformities or optimize the management of early arthritis of the knee.
Education and Training:
- Nomination as Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, National exam, position at the Aix-Marseille University.
- PhD degree, Aix-Marseille University, France.
- French Board Certification in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship in Knee and Hip sport and reconstructive surgery, Institute of Locomotion, Aix-Marseille University, France.
- Fellowship Mayo Clinic Reconstruction Research Fellowship: Rochester USA
- Orthopaedic surgery residency program, Aix-Marseille and Nice University, France
- He worked as an orthopaedic surgeon consultant at the University Hospital of Marseille, France, for 10 years and became in 2014 the co-chairman of the Ortho-Trauma department in Marseille.
- He has completed more than 5000 primary knee and hip arthroplasties and more than 700 revision arthroplasties with complex bone defects.
- Consultant orthopaedic surgeon at International Knee and Joint Centre, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Pr. Parratte is a founding member of the European Knee Society and currently the treasurer of this society.
- He is the member of AAOS, EFFORT, French Orthopaedic Society, former President of the French Young Orthopaedic surgeon Society.
- Pr. Parratte has been teaching specific technics of knee surgery in France and everywhere in the world. He has been invited as a guest lecturer and guest surgeon all over the world to perform live complex cases of knee surgery.
- Professor Parratte is the author of 2 books on Knee Arthroplasties and wrote many book chapters on the technics of knee Surgery.
- Pr. Parratte is a board member of the Institute of Locomotion in Marseille (Aix-Marseille University) and has a position of research collaborator at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA. He has particular research interest on partial knee arthroplasties, alignment in knee Arthroplasties, new technologies in TKA & THA and new technics in revision arthroplasties.
- Member of European Knee Society (Board member of the Publication Committee of EKS since 2015 and treasurer since January 2017)
- Member of the French Society of Computer-Assisted Orthopaedic surgery
- Member of the French College of the Young Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of the Society of Surgery of Marseille
Awards and Honors:
- Professor Parratte is the only European Surgeon who has twice won the Knee Society Insall Award (San Francisco in 2012, with Dr Mark Pagnano from Mayo Clinic and in 2015, Las Vegas with his French team) and the Hip Society Stinchfield Award (San Francisco, in 2008).
- He was selected in 2012 for the John Insall traveling fellowship and he is now a member of the prestigious Insall club.
- 2015: John Insall American Knee Society Award: PSI in UKA, a prospective comparative randomized study.
- 2012: John Insall American Knee Society Award: MIS TKA: a prospective comparative randomized study.
- 2010: Award of the Best Therapeutic Innovation, Marseille, France.
- 2009: Award of the French College of Orthopaedic Surgery
- 2008: Franck Stinchfield American Hip Society Award: Variation of the Pelvic Tilt after THA may confound the Accuracy of Computer assisted THA.
- 2007: Award for the best Medical Thesis of the year, Univeristy of Aix- Marseille, France.
- 2006: Award of the French Society of Computer Assisted Surgery.